19th ANNUAL EARLY HEARING DETECTION & INTERVENTION MEETING
March 8-10, 2020 • Kansas City, MO
State Stakeholder's Meetings
The goal of the EHDI Annual Meeting is to enhance the implementation of comprehensive state-based Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) programs. The presentation and poster sessions provide attendees with ideas about effective practices and information related to each component of EHDI. To help people use this information more effectively to improve their EHDI system when they return home, time has been set aside for a State Stakeholders' Meeting.
All attendees are invited to join their state/territory meeting to learn more about current goals or initiatives to decrease children who are lost to follow up/documentation and increase the number of infants screened no later than 1 month of age, diagnosed no later than 3 months of age and enrolled in early intervention no later than 6 months of age. This meeting is facilitated by the EHDI Coordinator for each state/territory; contact this person for an agenda or additional information if you have not received any correspondence by February 1, 2020. Contact information for EHDI Coordinators can be found at this link: http://www.infanthearing.org/status/cnhs.php.
During this meeting attendees from a given state/territory will meet as a group to achieve one or more of the following:
- Understand the priorities for their state/territory EHDI system.
- Discuss and develop a plan for how attendees from the state/territory can maximize the amount of information gathered at the 2020 Annual EHDI Meeting.
- Discuss how information learned while attending the Annual Meeting can be used to improve the EHDI System of Care, EHDI program, EHDI direct services, and/or EHDI process once attendees return home.
- Learn how to provide ongoing input to your state's EHDI goals.
The following files will assist you in planning your time at the annual EHDI meeting:
- Description of State Stakeholders' Meeting
- Pre-Meeting Reflection-Planning-Action
- Sample Meeting Agenda
- Stakeholders' Session - Info for Students
If you'd like to learn more about your state/territory EHDI program, click here to view EHDI Coordinator contact info as well as other state/territory information including a state/territory specific agenda if provided. Please register for the EHDI Annual Meeting as soon as possible so that you can be included in any correspondences from your EHDI Coordinator.